Renee Li is an associate in the firm’s Business practice group. She focuses her practice on startups, emerging growth companies, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters. Once an entrepreneur herself, Renee cares about her clients’ business needs and priorities and delivers practical solutions for their business and legal issues.
Prior to joining Carney Badley Spellman, Renee worked at a law firm in Beijing advising institutional and individual clients on cross-border investments and tax planning matters. She also worked as the in-house counsel for a Seattle health-tech startup and was deeply involved in operations. During law school, she worked at an international law firm on mergers and acquisitions deals and completed an externship working for the General Counsel at Washington State Department of Financial Institutions. Renee is a native speaker of Mandarin.
- JD, University of Washington School of Law, 2015
- King County Bar Foundation Scholar: 2013-2014
- Senior Managing Editor, Washington International Law Journal
- MA, University of Warwick, 2011
- MA, University of San Francisco, 2009
- BA, Nanjing Forestry University, 2007
Bar and Court Admissions
- State of Washington, 2019
- State of Illinois, 2016
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, Seattle Chinese Bar Association