Linda Clapham re-joined Carney Badley Spellman in March 2013. She has extensive insurance coverage and litigation experience, on behalf of both domestic and London Market Insurers. Her expertise for insurance company clients expands to appellate litigation, including handling appeals from ‘notice to mandate’, and advising those clients on a wide variety of issues facing insurance companies in the ever-dynamic state and federal appellate courts of the Northwest, including the Alaska Supreme Court. Although raised in Seattle, Ms. Clapham has lived in Cologne, Germany, New York City, Washington, D.C., and Sun Valley, Idaho.
Honors and Recognitions
Ms. Clapham has consistently been identified as one of Washington’s Super Lawyers since 2008, including recognition by the Super Lawyers Women’s Edition and Super Lawyers Business Edition. Martindale Hubbell ranks Ms. Clapham as “AV Preeminent,” its highest possible honor. And AVVO evaluates Ms. Clapham as “superb” based on its rating of her professional achievements and industry recognition.
In addition, Ms. Clapham has been listed has been listed in Seattle Metropolitan Magazine and Seattle Business Magazine as one of King County’s “Top Lawyers” 2010 – 2018. They cull their listings from Martindale-Hubbell and Super Lawyers.
- University of Washington – BA Political Science 1982
- Willamette University College of Law – JD 1986
- Associate Editor Willamette Law Review – 1984-1986
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Washington Appellate Lawyers Association, founding member
- King County Bar Association, Appellate Law Section
- Northwest Insurance Coverage Association
Puget Sound Region of the USA Volleyball Association (PSRVB), Vice-Chair. Mission of PSVB is to promote, develop and expand volleyball opportunities in the community, and to cultivate personal growth through the sport of volleyball in the Region.
Hoof & Clover, Secretary. Hoof & Clover provides nurturing rehabilitation and re-training to distressed horses and facilitates caring adoption.
National Charity League, Inc. (NCL), Member. NCL is a non-profit national philanthropic organization of mothers and daughters committed to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.