Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Carney Badley Spellman.
We are a leading law firm in Seattle Washington. Our clients include individuals, startups, closely-held businesses and Fortune 500 companies with offices in the Pacific Northwest and across the United States.
Carney Badley Spellman is continuously searching for highly skilled attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants and administrative staff to provide the highest level of service to our clients, are effective contributors and mentors to others within our firm and to our local communities.
We value and foster an environment that encompasses a culture of diversity, collegiality, respect and professional growth. Our employees come from diverse backgrounds and educations. We understand our employees are our greatest assets and essential to achieving the goals of our firm.
We believe providing benefits to our employees that include dependents and families is essential everyone’s overall health and vitality.
- Medical & Health Care Savings Account
- Life & Disability
- Paid Family Leave
- Long Term Care
- Retirement: 401k, Safe Harbor, Profit Sharing
- Transportation subsidy
- Employee Assistance Program
If you would like to submit your resume and cover letter, please send a .doc or PDF file as an attachment to email@example.com. Please include the position you would like to apply for in the subject line.
2019 Positions Available
We are currently seeking applicants for a full-time litigation paralegal with a minimum of 7 years of experience. The paralegal will work for multiple attorneys. We are looking for candidates that have commercial law experience with an emphasis on construction.
- computer litigation support including, all aspects of e-discovery (determine which software meets case needs, prepare RFPs to outside vendors, develop case-specific databases, work with outside vendors, conduct auto searches, maintain information retrieval systems)
- creating, maintaining and updating databases with witness information and document productions
- reviewing, organizing and indexing documents produced, maintaining privilege logs
- preparing declarations, notices, and discovery requests
- serving deposition notices and subpoenas
- reviewing and assembling documents to be used at depositions
- answering interrogatories, preparing witness lists
- reviewing briefs and organizing appropriate exhibits
- filing motions in multiple states (state and federal courts)
- preparing for mediations, arbitrations and trials
Candidate should have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and proofreading skills as well as a good understanding and experience working with e-discovery software such as Relativity, Concordance and Trial Director.
Chief Operating Officer
Carney Badley Spellman is a 48-lawyer firm in Seattle, Washington. The firm takes pride in a strong culture of client service, integrity, professionalism and respect for all team members.
Todd Summerfelt will retire as Chief Operating Officer at the end of 2019 and the firm seeks a successor who will help to lead the firm into the decade ahead.
The C.O.O. works with the President and Board of Directors to develop and execute firm strategic plans. The position oversees all day-to-day operations, including finance, human resources, lawyer recruiting, information technology and facilities. C.O.O. also counsels the board on governance issues and compensation policy and decisions for all shareholders and employees.
C.O.O. reports to President and Board of Directors. Three direct reporting managers are Office Administrator (marketing, H.R. & office operations); Accounting Manager and Director of I.T.
Successful candidate will have 10+ years of management experience with increasing responsibility; ideally in a law firm or other professional services environment. MBA, CPA or equivalent experience.
Compensation package projected in top quartile for mid-sized Seattle firms.
Inquiries kept confidential.
Carney Badley Spellman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.