Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Carney Badley Spellman.
We are a leading law firm in Seattle Washington. Our clients include individuals, startups, closely-held businesses and Fortune 500 companies with offices in the Pacific Northwest and across the United States.
Carney Badley Spellman is continuously searching for highly skilled attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants and administrative staff to provide the highest level of service to our clients, are effective contributors and mentors to others within our firm and to our local communities.
We value and foster an environment that encompasses a culture of diversity, collegiality, respect and professional growth. Our employees come from diverse backgrounds and educations. We understand our employees are our greatest assets and essential to achieving the goals of our firm.
We believe providing benefits to our employees that include dependents and families is essential everyone’s overall health and vitality.
- Medical & Health Care Savings Account
- Life & Disability
- Paid Family Leave
- Long Term Care
- Retirement: 401k, Safe Harbor, Profit Sharing
- Transportation subsidy
- Employee Assistance Program
If you would like to submit your resume and cover letter, please send a .doc or PDF file as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you would like to apply for in the subject line.
2020 Positions Available
E-Discovery and Litigation Paralegal
We are currently seeking applicants for a full-time litigation paralegal with a minimum of 7 years of experience. The paralegal will work for multiple attorneys. We are looking for candidates that have commercial law and construction law experience.
- computer litigation support including, all aspects of e-discovery (determine which software meets case needs, prepare RFPs to outside vendors, develop case-specific databases, work with outside vendors, conduct auto searches, maintain information retrieval systems)
- creating, maintaining and updating databases with witness information and document productions
- reviewing, organizing and indexing documents produced, maintaining privilege logs
- preparing declarations, notices, and discovery requests
- serving deposition notices and subpoenas
- reviewing and assembling documents to be used at depositions
- answering interrogatories, preparing witness lists
- reviewing briefs and organizing appropriate exhibits
- filing motions in multiple states (state and federal courts)
- preparing for mediations, arbitrations and trials
Candidate should have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and proofreading skills as well as a good understanding and experience working with e-discovery software such as Digital War Room, Relativity, Concordance and Trial Director.
Carney Badley Spellman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.