Jackie Unger, an associate, joined Carney Badley Spellman in 2012. Her practice focuses on civil litigation, commercial litigation and bankruptcy matters.
In law school, Jackie interned with the Civil Litigation Division of the D.C. Office of the Attorney General where she defended the District of Columbia against employment discrimination, due process and tort claims. As a summer associate with Finkelstein Thompson, LLP, Jackie's work focused on consumer protection matters. In her third year of law school, Jackie participated in GW Law's Small Business Clinic where she worked one-on-one with clients to address their business concerns. Through the course of the semester, she assisted local microbusinesses and non-profits in filing for tax-exempt status and trademark protection, resolving licensing and distribution disputes, and establishing joint ventures. As co-director of GW Law's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program, Jackie coordinated with the IRS to offer free tax return preparation services for D.C. residents. At graduation, Jackie was awarded the American Bankruptcy Institute's Award for Excellence in Bankruptcy Studies and also received pro bono recognition for her contributions to the community.
Honors and Recognitions
Ms. Unger has been named one of Washington State's "Rising Stars", Super Lawyers Publication in 2013 and she is listed in the Super Lawyers Women's Edition.
- J.D., The George Washington University School of Law, 2011
- B.S. in Finance, minor in Psychology, magna cum laude, Virginia Tech, 2007
Bar and Court Admissions
- State of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- Western District of Washington Bankruptcy Court
- Maintaining the Privilege: A Refresher on Important Aspects of the Attorney-Client Privilege, ABA Business Law Today, October 2013
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute