Natalya P. Maze, associate, joined Carney Badley Spellman in 2014. Natalya represents clients in a broad range of civil litigation matters, including complex commercial litigation, design professional defense, product liability, personal injury, real estate, construction, employment and I-502 litigation.
Before joining the firm, Natalya was an associate at Green & Yalowitz. She provided counseling and legal representation to owners, architects, engineers, designers, land surveyors and other members of the construction community related to professional negligence, personal injury, breach of contract, and other claims. Prior to Green & Yalowitz, Natalya defended insurance coverage, personal injury, premises liability, construction site injury, products liability, medical malpractice, and toxic tort cases at Forsberg & Umlauf. During law school, Natalya interned at the Washington Attorney General's Office (Torts Division) and the Youth Advocacy Clinic, where she regularly appeared in court on behalf of juvenile defendants. Prior to law school, Natalya was the Regional Immigration Specialist for a large staffing agency, assisting Boeing and Microsoft contractors with employment-based immigration matters. Natalya is fluent in Ukrainian and Russian.
Honors and Recognitions
- CALI Award for highest grade in the class: Contracts
- CALI Award for highest grade in the class: Civil Procedure
- CALI Award for highest grade in the class: Administrative Law
- 2008 Thomas Tang National Moot Court Competition-Winner, "Best Brief"
- 2008 Stokes Lawrence Diversity Scholar
- 2005-2006 Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver Recipient
- JD, Seattle University School of Law, cum laude, 2010
- BA, Evergreen State College, 2006
Bar and Court Admissions
- State of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Dancin' in the Moonlight: Pros and Cons of Second Jobs for Lawyers, NW Lawyer, April/May 2014: 30-33.
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Slavic Bar Association of Washington
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- William L. Dwyer Inn of Court