Jason W. Anderson, a principal, devotes the majority of his practice to civil appeals, which he has handled in all levels of Washington's appellate courts and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Jason has experience in various fields, including personal injury, insurance, health care, products liability, commercial disputes, family law, and more.
In addition to appeals, Jason remains active in select matters at the trial court level. He has first-chair jury trial and arbitration experience and has represented individuals and businesses in personal injury, consumer protection, and insurance bad faith litigation, including class actions. He also represents insurance carriers and producers in administrative proceedings before the Office of the Insurance Commissioner of the State of Washington, addressing matters including fines and penalties, license revocation, transaction approval, and market conduct and financial examinations.
Before beginning his practice, Jason served as a judicial clerk at the Washington State Court of Appeals, where he analyzed more than 100 appeals in just over two years.
Honors and Recognitions
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers 2012, 2014
- JD, magna cum laude, Seattle University School of Law, 2000
- BA, cum laude, Seattle University, Matteo Ricci College, 1997
Bar and Court Admissions
- State of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Representative Appellate Cases
Reported decisions include:
- Millican v. N.A. Degerstrom, Inc., 177 Wash. App. 881, 313 P.3d 1215 (2013), review denied (2014) (new trial granted)
- Cummings v. Budget Tank Removal & Environmental Services, 163 Wash. App. 379, 260 P.3d 220 (2011) (judgment on arbitration award affirmed)
- In re Marriage of Rockwell, 157 Wash. App. 449, 238 P.3d 1184 (2010) (property division vacated)
- Regence BlueShield v. State of Wash., Office of Insurance Commissioner, 131 Wash. App. 639, 128 P.3d 640 (2006) (health insurance regulation matter)
- Higgins v. Intex Recreation Corp., 123 Wash. App. 821, 99 P.3d 421 (2004) (product-liability verdict affirmed)
- Co-author, Appellate Practice Compendium, Chapter 63: Insider's Guide to the Washington State Appellate Courts (ABA 2012)
- Washington State Appellate Practice Blog
- Washington State Insurance Regulation Blog
- Washington State Bar Association
- Honorary Member, King County Bar Association Appellate Section, Executive Committee
- Judicial Candidate Evaluation Committee, King County Bar Association